Tuesday, November 17, 2009

High Fructose Corn Syrup At Whole Foods

Yes, you read that correctly. The other day I was having lunch at Whole Foods here in South Beach with my wife and a good friend & local Hypnotist Todd Goodwin (MiamiHypnosis.net) and Todd was telling me how you even have to read labels now becauseWhole Foods now has some items with High Fructose Corn Syrup. I was in total disbelief.
At that moment, we got up and went to the salad bar, him trying to prove a point, myself still in disbelief that Whole Foods would be this foolish. Low and behold, there it was...On the ingredient list for their middle eastern "Aramouni's Classic Carrot & Raisin" salad...High Fructose Corn Syrup.



I apologize for the picture quality, but this was the best I could get on my blackberry. Understandably so, Whole Foods didn't want me taking pictures with my nice Canon G10.
Unfortunately my friends, now even at Whole Foods, you must be careful and read the labels. On Everything!
Oh, and here's the best part. When we asked the guy putting the salad bar together about high fructose corn syrup being in this salad, salad bar guy spewed the same crap you hear on the Corn Refiner's of America TV commercial. "well, it's made from corn and corn is natural...right?"
Wrong! Here was my answer: The corn typically grown & used in the USA is a genetically modified strain of corn with a 13 carbon atom structure where original corn had 12 carbon atoms. Let's not forget that in order to get HFCS, the process takes 5 high pressure enzymatic process that eventually result in HFCS.
So let me ask the ultimate question....where in nature does High Fructose Corn Syrup grow?
Whole Foods, Shame On You.
'nuff said (for now)
Dr. Todd Narson
Dr. Narson is a 2-term past president of the Florida Chiropractic Association’s Council on Sports Injuries, Physical Fitness & Rehabilitation and was honored as the recipient of the coveted Chiropractic Sports Physician of the Year Award in 1999-2000. He practices in Miami Beach, Florida at the Miami Beach Family & Sports Chiropractic Center; A Facility for Natural Sports Medicine.

#chiropractormiamibeach #MiamiBeachChiropractor #SportsInjuriesFixedHere #DrNarson #ToddNarson #Narson #TriDoc #TriathlonDoc #ChiropracticSportsMedicine #ACASC #SportsMedicine #SportsChiropractor #MiamiBeachSportsMedicine #SportsMedicineMiami #MiamiSportsMedicine #MiamiChiropractor #Triathlon #Running #Ironman #IFixPeopleInPain #TrainWithoutPain #MiamiBeachChiropractor #GrastonTechnique #FAKTR #IASTM #Chiropractor #FootPain #Narson #NarsonBodyMechanic #NarsonTool #DACBSP #CCSP #ACBSP #BackPain #NeckPain #ShoulderPain #RotatorCuff #ITBandSyndrome #runnersKnee #PlantarFasciitis #Plantarfascitis #AchillesTendonitis #AchillesTendonosis #GettingAthletesBackInTheGame  #MiamiBeachChiropractor #MiamiSportsMedicine #MiamiBeachSportsMedicine #WeFixPeopleInPain #TrainWithoutPain #ChiropracticSportsMedicine #ACASC #ProSportChiropractic #FunctionalMedicineMiami #DrNarson #BackPainRelief #NeckPainRelief #SportsInjuriesFixedHere #LaserTherapy #RockTape #KinesioTape #KTTape #Nutrition #21DayPurificationProgram #DetoxProgram #PaleoDiet #PaleoDoc #FunctionalNutrition #Chirooractor #Chiropractic #ChiropracticPhysician #DoctorOfChiropractic #USATriathlon #USAT #TeamUSA

1 comment:

Lisa Ann Homic, M.Ed. D.C. said...

Did the Corn Growers Association catch up with you? I mentioned HFCS in a recent article in one simple sentence and I was eamiled a letter from the president of the group asking me to inform my readers HFCS is eqivalent to sugar with a list of scientific links to prove it. I responded back in my December 1 article discussing the process as well as the mercury contamination.